Since I got pregnant and gave birth to my kids, I have always love the smell of Gentle Baby. To me, this is an oil that reminds me of my pregnancies and the joy of welcoming a new child to the family.
Recently my love of this oil was reignited when Pei Jansen, our DIY expert, gave this nice tip for DIY-ing our own toiletries. Pei mentioned that Gentle Baby is luxurious and beautiful for babies and kids when added to their bath wash.
So from a recycled Thieves foaming hand soap pump bottle, I’ve added boiled water, some Castile Soap and 18 drops of Gentle Baby (for details, see a similar recipe here).
My review? It’s really really nice! The smell of Gentle Baby suffuse the bathroom as I bathed my kids and memories of my pregnancies and when they are babies came back to me. Because Gentle Baby also have great skin oils such as Rosewood, Geranium, Lavender, Jasmine, Rose and Palmarosa, I noticed that my son’s skin doesn’t have dry skin patches after a bath. Hooray!
Here’s some other tips you can use with Gentle Baby:
- You can apply Gentle Baby then sealed with Rose Ointment (or Animal Scent Ointment) to support skin recovery, e.g. minor skin irritations, diaper rashes, etc.
- For some babies and kids, Gentle Baby soothe them and calm them to sleep.
- According to the Reference Guide for Essential Oils, Gentle Baby is great for scars too.
- Gentle Baby also promotes bonding between caregiver and child so this is a lovely gift to get for new mothers for their baby showers.
- It brings a feeling of peace ESPECIALLY during pregnancy, so if you don’t have Stress Away or Lavender, use Gentle Baby instead!
If you like my articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils, please drop me a message here or sign up here to purchase. 🙂 I would love to support you in using the oils for yourself and your loved ones.